The major of International Trade and Economics in Anhui University of Finance and Economics (AUFE) can be traced back to the major of Foreign Trade before the Cultural Revolution, during which the major was suspended. After the “Reform and Opening Up”, in response to the actual needs of international trade, AUFE applied for the establishment of the International Trade major in the 1980s, and officially enrolled students in 1989. In 1998, the International Trade major was renamed as International Trade and Economics, which was classified as applied economics. In 2008, this major was identified as the second batch of national-level first-class major, which is also the first national-level first-class major in AUFE.
1. What does the international mean in the major's name?
With the establishment of China's export-oriented economic system, the employment demand for foreign capital and joint venture enterprises is constantly expanding, and all kinds of domestic enterprises have also participated in international competition. International talents are the key to expanding the international market. Therefore, it is more and more important to train a large number of international talents with international consciousness, international knowledge, and international communication ability. As the cradle of international talent training, this major must highlight the globalization and internationalization qualities of students. We -- the School of International Trade and Economics (SITE), are just the pioneer in cultivating international talents.
2. What is the internationalization qualities of students?
Internationalization qualities are the abilities that students have to carry out international activities, transnational services, and exchanges. SITE's international quality training highlights four aspects:
(1) Having a global perspective;
(2) Having an international consciousness;
(3) Having the capacity for international activities;
(4) Having international knowledge.
3. What are the SITE's cultivation methods of internationalization quality?
The training methods of this major's internationalization ability mainly include:
(1) International curriculum system;
(2) International cooperative education program;
(3) Study abroad exchange opportunities;
(4) International discipline competition;
(5) International learning atmosphere.
4. What are the programs of international cooperation in SITE?
(1) 2 years + 2years International cooperative education program with University of Newcastle, Australia;
(2) Cooperation and Exchange program with North Park University;
(3) Cooperation and Exchange program with University College Cork.
5. What are the different ways of international cooperation in SITE?
(1) Short-term exchange visit;
(2) Exchange student program;
(3) Summer visiting program.
6. What are the different kinds of international discipline competitions?
There are many different kinds of competition that students can take part in, such as:
(1) National Business Universities' Professional Skill Competition;
(2) International Trade Professional Skill Competition;
(3) Business English Negotiation Elite Competition;
(4) International Service Outsourcing Competition.
7. How can you say there is an international learning atmosphere in SITE?
International students from Pakistan and other countries are fully integrated into our students' study and life.